Welcome Caregivers! If you recognize that your spouse, family member or friend may be encountering balance issues, or if you are caring for someone who is recovering from an accident or surgery, 60uP™ can help. Please read on.
Each year, millions of people, 65 and older, fall.
More than one out of four older people falls each year. Less than half tell their doctor.
Falling once doubles your chances of falling again.
Key Statistics To Know:
- 1 out of 5 falls causes serious injury. (Broken bones or a head injury.)
- Each year, over 3 million older people are treated in emergency departments for fall injuries.
- Over 900,000 patients a year are hospitalized because of a fall injury.
- Each year at least 350,000 older people are hospitalized for hip fractures.
- More than 95% of hip fractures are caused by falling.
- Falls are the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries.
- Direct medical costs for fall injuries are over $31 billion annually.
What Conditions Make You More Likely to Fall?
- Those over 65 years of age are the highest mortality rate and severe injuries. Conditions that contribute to falling.
- Lower body weakness
- Difficulties with walking and balance
- Home hazards or dangers
What Can You Do To Prevent Falls?
- Do Strength and Balance Exercises
- Do exercises that make your legs, core and muscles stronger and improve your balance.
- Re-train the brain for proper balance
With balance, the important point to remember is this is more a case of RE-TRAINING the body. This is where 60uP™ is so effective.